The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) needs your feedback! OPR’s Integrated Climate Adaptation and Resiliency Program (ICARP) is hosting a series of regional workshops in September to gain feedback on the online version of the newly released 2020 Update to the Adaptation Planning Guide 2.0 (APG). The feedback will guide the integration of the APG into an interactive online environment hosted on the Adaptation Clearinghouse. The goal is a highly accessible and practical one-stop-shop for local adaptation planning. The online APG includes a variety of features to navigate the step-by-step process, such as tools, research and data, examples, downloadable checklists and templates, and connections to state and non-state resources searchable throughout the site.
ICARP has also been busy making updates to the Adaptation Clearinghouse, based on your continued feedback and suggestions!
To learn more and provide feedback on this exciting new resource and Adaptation Clearinghouse updates, please join ICARP for one or more of the following:
1. Introductory webinar - Equitable Adaptation Planning: Practical Resources for California Communities
This webinar is an introduction to a growing suite of equitable adaptation planning and practice resources. ICARP and Office of Emergency Services staff will introduce the 2020 Adaptation Planning Guide and walk through the beta online APG on the Adaptation Clearinghouse. Guest speakers from the Greenlining Institute and the Georgetown Climate Center will present guidance, toolkits, and resources to support equitable adaptation responses.
Wednesday, September 9, 10 - 11:30 am | Register
2. Explore the draft Online Adaptation Planning Guide
To explore the Beta Adaptation Clearinghouse site updates, including the Online Adaptation Planning Guide, visit https://dev.resilientca.org/.
3. Register for a Regional Workshop
ICARP is hosting a series of regionally focused, online workshops to get input on the online integration of the Adaptation Planning Guide into the Adaptation Clearinghouse. The workshops will highlight region-specific resources, lead participants through a virtual tour and interactive exploration of the site, and provide the opportunity to give feedback. Sign up below:
- 9/11 | Sacramento Valley, 1 - 2:30 pm | Register
- 9/15 | Bay Area, 1 - 2:30 pm | Register
- 9/16 | San Diego, 1 - 2:30 pm | Register
- 9/17 | San Joaquin Valley, 1 - 2:30 pm | Register
- 9/22 | Central Coast, 1 - 2:30 pm | Register
- 9/23 | North Coast and Inland North, 1 - 2:30 pm | Register
- 9/24 | Inland South, 1 - 3:00 pm | Register
- 9/25 | Los Angeles, 10 - 12:00 pm | Register
- 9/29 | Sierra Nevada, 1 - 4:00 pm | Register (Includes Cal-Adapt workshop)