ICARP Technical Advisory Council
Learn about the Technical Advisory Council, find information on past and upcoming meetings, and view other ICARP policy and programmatic alignment activities.
About the ICARP Technical Advisory Council
The ICARP Technical Advisory Council (TAC or Council) facilitates the development of holistic, complimentary strategies that increase California’s resilience to climate change, advance equity and environmental justice, and benefit both greenhouse gas emissions reductions and adaptation efforts.
The Council supports OPR’s goal to facilitate coordination among State, regional, and local agency efforts to adapt to the impacts of climate change by:
- Developing tools and guidance;
- Promoting and coordinating state agency support for local and regional efforts; and
- Informing state-led programs, including state planning processes, grant programs, and guideline development, to better reflect the goals, efforts and challenges faced by local and regional entities pursuing adaptation, preparedness and resilience
The TAC is guided by the following:
In addition to its role in connecting the State to local and regional efforts, the ICARP TAC also develops a work plan each year to address emerging and key adaptation and resilience priorities. For current Council priorities, explore the ICARP 2020-2021 Impact Report and 2022 Workplan.
Upcoming Public Meetings
The TAC meets a minimum of three times a year (but usually on a quarterly basis) in publicly accessible open meetings. The TAC also convenes “work group” meetings to address more topical or specific priorities in more depth. View meeting agendas, minutes, public participation information, and other meeting resources for upcoming and past meetings below. Meeting location and times are subject to change; please sign up for the ICARP email list to receive regular updates.
ICARP meeting location(s) are accessible to people with disabilities. Any person who requires special assistance to participate in the meeting, or wishes to request this notice or other meeting materials in an alternative format, requires translation services, or needs any disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, which would enable that person to participate at the meeting must make that request at least 7 days prior to the meeting date by contacting ICARP staff at email@example.com or calling (916) 322-2318.
Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act
As a State body, the Technical Advisory Council is governed by the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act which requires the TAC to:
- Publish an agenda at least ten days in advance of any meeting,
- Describe specifically in that agenda the items to be transacted or discussed,
- And refuse to add an item subsequent to the published agenda. In addition to these general requirements the Bagley-Keene Act includes other specific provisions about how meetings are to be announced and conducted.