Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery Meeting — April 3, 2019
10:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Sonoma County Board of Supervisors Meeting Chambers
575 Administration Drive | Room 102 A | Santa Rosa, CA 95403
General Meeting Resources
Members of the public may comment on agenda items before or during the discussion or consideration of the item, consistent with Government Code section 11125.7, subdivision (a). Members of the public may comment on matters that are not on the agenda during either of the “general public comment” items.
Meeting Agenda and Materials
Item 1 | Call to Order
Item 2 | Roll Call
Item 3 | Agenda Changes
Item 4 | Initial General Public Comment (30 minutes)
Item 5 | Consent Calendar
Item 6 | Chair’s Report
Item 7 | Executive officer’s report
- Executive officer’s report
- Written public comments received
Item 8 | Presentation of Expert Testimony
Homeowners insurance market
- Joel Laucher, Chief Deputy Commissioner, California Department of Insurance
- Rex Frazier, President, Personal Insurance Federation of California
- Amy Bach, Executive Director, United Policyholders
- Tom Welsh, General Counsel, California Earthquake Authority
- John Rollins, Actuary, Milliman, and former Chief Risk Officer for Citizens Property Insurance Corp
Utility risk financing options
- Carolyn Kousky, Executive Director, Wharton Risk Management and Decision Processes Center, University of Pennsylvania
- David Heller, Vice President Enterprise Risk Management and General Auditor, Southern California Edison
- Mark Toney, Executive Director, The Utility Reform Network
- John Fiske, Attorney At Law, Baron & Budd
- Steve Fleishman, Managing Director, Wolfe Research
Community needs around wildfire damages
- James Gore, Sonoma County Supervisor, District 4
- Margaret S. Van Vliet, Executive Director, Sonoma County Community Development Commission
- Pete Parkinson, Fire Survivor, Retired Professional Planner & Past President of the California Chapter of the American Planning Association
Item 9 | General Public Comment (continued)
Item 10 | Closing comments and adjournment
Meeting date and location subject to change. Order of business is approximate and subject to change.
The Commission meeting will be accessible via webcast, however the physical meetings will continue if the broadcast is interrupted or terminated for any reason. Public comments will not be accepted via webcast, due to technical limitations. A recording of this meeting will be archived on the Commission website..
The public is encouraged to comment on any item on the agenda. You may submit written comments prior to the meeting by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting location is accessible to people with disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Evan Johnson at email@example.com or at (916) 323-6842. Notification 5 days prior to the meeting will enable Staff to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Hearing-impaired individuals can obtain information by using the California State Relay Service at (888) 877-5378 (TDD).