Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery Meeting — March 13, 2019
3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Shasta County Board of Supervisors Chambers
1450 Court Street | Redding, CA 96001
General Meeting Resources
Members of the public may comment on agenda items before or during the discussion or consideration of the item, consistent with Government Code section 11125.7, subdivision (a). Members of the public may comment on matters that are not on the agenda during either of the “general public comment” items.
Meeting Agenda and Materials
Item 1 | Call to Order
Item 2 | Roll Call
Item 3 | Agenda Changes
Item 4 | Initial General Public Comment (30 minutes)
Item 5 | Consent Calendar
- Approval of minutes of the February 25 meeting
- Approval of Scope of Work, as modified based on discussion from the February 25 meeting
Item 6 | Chair’s Report
Item 7 | Executive officer’s report
- Executive officer’s report
- Written public comments received
Item 8 | Presentation of Expert Testimony
Existing wildfire liability legal regime
- Scott Cavanaugh, Deputy Attorney General, Tort & Condemnation Section, Office of the Attorney General
- Dan Skopec, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Joy Mastache, Senior Attorney, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Rex Frazier, President, Personal Insurance Federation of California
- Cara Martinson, Senior Legislative Representative/Federal Affairs Manager, CA State Association of Counties
- David Heller, Vice President Enterprise Risk Management and General Auditor, Edison International
- Russell Mills, Director, Treasury & Risk Management and Treasurer, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Bob Marshall, General Manager, Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative
- Joshua Jiang, Managing Director, Marsh & McLennan Companies
Community needs around wildfire damages
- Barry Tippin, City Manager, Redding
- Shari McCracken, Chief Administrative Officer, Butte County Board of Supervisors
Item 9 | General Public Comment (continued)
Item 10 | Closing comments and adjournment
Meeting date and location subject to change. Order of business is approximate and subject to change.
The Commission meeting will be accessible via webcast, however the physical meetings will continue if the broadcast is interrupted or terminated for any reason. Public comments will not be accepted via webcast, due to technical limitations. A recording of this meeting will be archived on the Commission website..
The public is encouraged to comment on any item on the agenda. You may submit written comments prior to the meeting by email to email@example.com.
The meeting location is accessible to people with disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Evan Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (916) 323-6842. Notification 5 days prior to the meeting will enable Staff to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Hearing-impaired individuals can obtain information by using the California State Relay Service at (888) 877-5378 (TDD).