Local Government Roundtable
OPR invites local governments to participate in our Local Government Roundtable bimonthly conference call. The Local Government Roundtable provides an opportunity for greater interaction between the Governorís Office, local governments, and planning agencies to discuss issues of primary concern related to land use planning and local government coordination. This approach allows for open discourse of important issues and informs OPRís decision making process. OPR regularly seeks input from local governments on important topic areas and this is one mechanism used to ensure OPR is responding to the needs of local governments.
Roundtable Schedule and Information
January 21, 2014
The January Local Government Roundtable will be today, Tuesday January 21, 2014 from 1:30 Ė 3:00pm and will provide an opportunity to learn about and discuss Californiaís integrated approach to addressing climate change. Opportunities for discussion and feedback will be provided at the end of the call.
This agenda can also be found on the OPR Local Government Roundtable page.
- Welcome: Ken Alex, Director of OPR and Senior Advisor to the Governor
- Overview: Michael McCormick, Senior Planner, Local and Regional Affairs, OPR (OPR main page and Local Government Roundtable page)
- Environmental Goals and Policy Report: Louise Bedsworth, Deputy Director of OPR (EGPR page)
- California EPA and ARB: Ashley Conrad Saydah, Deputy Secretary of California EPA (State Climate Change Information Portal, ARB Scoping Plan and Cool California)
- Other State Efforts: Michael McCormick, Senior Planner, Local and Regional Affairs, OPR (State Climate Change Document Updates and California Adaptation Forum)
- Presidentís Climate Action Plan: Dan Utech, Special Advisor to the President for Energy and Climate Change
- Safeguarding California Plan (SCP): Amber Pairis, Assistance Secretary for Climate at CNRA (Safeguarding California Plan and Safeguarding California Presentation)
- Questions and Discussion
- Wrap-up and next meeting
Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7000 Access Code: 468471#
Once you have called in please MUTE your line. We will not be doing participant introductions for this Roundtable call.
Joining the Roundtable
If you represent a local government agency and would like to join the Roundtable distribution list, visit our e-list page. If you have suggestions for Roundtable topics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Previous Roundtables Resources
January 9, 2012: OPR Update
July 15, 2013
September 16, 2013
November 18, 2013
January 20, 2014