State and Federal Agency Drought Resources
Regional Contacts for Agencies and Departments
- Governor’s Office of Emergency Services: Regional Contacts
- California Water Quality Boards: Regional Contacts
- State Water Resources Control Board's Drinking Water: District Offices and Local Primary Agency
- California Department of Food and Agricul class="list-overstated"ture: Regional Contacts
- Department of Water Resources: Field Offices
- Cal Fire: Regional Contacts
- Department of Fish and Wildlife: Regional Contacts
Drought Information and Resources for Local Governments
- USDA Emergency Funding : USDA financial and technical assistance information
- USDA Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants
- Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loans : Federal loans for declared disaster areas.
- Funding Wizard : Searchable database for grants, incentives and rebates for sustainable projects.
- Download the 2015 State Assistance Brochure for a complete list
State of California Announcements
- CA.Gov.Drought for the Weekly Statewide Drought Summary and the latest drought-related reports and releases from various state agencies.
- Weekly Drought Update : This weekly summary is produced by the Governor's Drought Task Force
- Governor Brown Issues Executive Order to Bolster State’s Drought Response, November 2015
- Governor Brown Directs First Ever Statewide Mandatory Water Reductions, April 2015
- Governor Brown Signs $1 Billion Emergency Drought Package, March 2015
- Governor Brown Issues Executive Order to Redouble State Drought Actions
- Governor Brown Signs Drought Legislation March 2014, provides $687.4 million for drought relief
- Governor Brown Issues January 2014 Proclamation of Drought Emergency
- Natural Resources Drought Info and Actions : Secretary for Natural Resources Statement on record low snowpack and need for conservation.
- State’s Water Conservation Campaign : Save our Water’s statewide program to help Californians reduce water use.
Drought Data and Information
- SWRCB Division of Drinking Water- Summer 2014 Drought Survey : Self-reporting tool for public water systems to report problems encountered or anticipated resul class="list-overstated"ting from the drought.
- Current Water Conditions : Information on current water conditions in the State from the California Department of Water Resources.
- USGS California Water Science Center : Data on drought induced impacts to groundwater and surface water
- County CA County Drought Designations : Drought information listed by County from the USDA.
- US Drought Monitor
- California Drought Watch
State Department and Federal Drought Websites
- California Department of Food and Agricul class="list-overstated"ture : Resources and assistance for farmers, ranchers and farmworkers.
- California Department of Housing and Community Development : Resources and assistance for individuals, communities, public infrastructure and businesses.
- California State Water Resources Control Board : Information about actions taken by the State Water Board, including actions related to existing water rights.
- Drinking Water Program Drought Preparedness : Information about the State’s drinking water program from the State Water Resources Control Board.
- Disaster and Drought Assistance Information : Drought related information from USDA and other federal agencies.
- California State Forest and Rangeland Assessment (CalFire) : Includes Information about how to protect and enhance water quality and quantity through forest management.
- California Department of Water Resources : Information about the drought, current water conditions, and links to state and federal assistance programs.
Water Publications and Advisories
- California Water Action Plan : Report on state actions for sustainable water management.
- Water Use Reduction Plans State agencies have implemented water use reduction plans for all state facilities.
- The Ahwahnee Water Principles Guidebook (Local Government Commission) : Clearinghouse for information and resources on co-management of land and water resources and on water related federal and state laws that impact local government.
- National Drought Mitigation Center : Information on drought mitigation
- Water Conservation Leadership Guide : Issues for Local Officials to Consider (Institute for Local Government): Water conservation and efficiency resources and policies for agencies and communities.
- CEQA and Low Impact Development Stormwater Design Preserving Stormwater Quality and Stream Integrity through California Environmental Quality Act Review : Information about low impact development stormwater design and CEQA guidance on incorporation of water-quality control measures in project design.