Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery Meeting — April 29, 2019
Ventura City Hall | Ventura City Council Chambers
501 Poli St. | 2nd Floor | Ventura, CA 93001
General Meeting Resources
Members of the public may comment on agenda items before or during the discussion or consideration of the item, consistent with Government Code section 11125.7, subdivision (a). Members of the public may comment on matters that are not on the agenda during either of the “general public comment” items.
Meeting Agenda and Materials
Item 1 | Call to Order
Item 2 | Roll Call
Item 3 | Agenda Changes
Item 4 | Initial General Public Comment (30 minutes)
Item 5 | Consent Calendar
- Approval of minutes of the April 3, 2019 meeting
Establishment and assignment of workgroups
- Utility wildfire liability, and cost recovery standards – Commissioners Kahn and Nava
- Wildfire fund and/or other funding mechanism(s) – Chair Peterman and Commissioner Wara
- Homeowners’ insurance availability and affordability, and household and community wildfire mitigation and protection – Commissioners Jones and Wara
Item 6 | Chair’s Report
Item 7 | Executive Officer’s Report
- Executive officer’s report
- Written public comments received
Item 8 | Presentation of Expert Testimony
- Discussion on Governor’s Office Strike Force report “Wildfires and Climate Change: California’s Energy Future”
Expert testimony on issues before the Commission, including:
- Utility wildfire liability, and cost recovery standards
- Wildfire fund and/or other funding mechanism(s)
- Homeowners’ insurance availability and affordability, and household and community wildfire mitigation and protection
Item 9 | General Public Comment (continued)
Item 10 | Closing Comments and Adjournment
Meeting date and location subject to change. Order of business is approximate and subject to change.
The Commission meeting will be accessible via webcast, however the physical meetings will continue if the broadcast is interrupted or terminated for any reason. Public comments will not be accepted via webcast, due to technical limitations. A recording of this meeting will be archived on the Commission website..
The public is encouraged to comment on any item on the agenda. You may submit written comments prior to the meeting by email to email@example.com.
The meeting location is accessible to people with disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Evan Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (916) 323-6842. Notification 5 days prior to the meeting will enable Staff to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Hearing-impaired individuals can obtain information by using the California State Relay Service at (888) 877-5378 (TDD).